What a crap day!
Let's make ourselves feel better with a big fat meme, shall we?
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
How can I have just slept all night, and yet still feel so tired?
2. Favourite planet?
I shall choose Jupiter, as I have fond memories of identifying its four largest moons through a telescope.
3. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
An annoying man from my work who tried to ring me at 8am while I was on holiday in Queensland.
4. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
Currently my phone plays an MP3 of The Muppet Show closing theme, which never fails to make me smile.
5. Do you “label” yourself?
I think everyone would like not to, but everyone does. It's hard to have an identity without some degree of labelling.
6. What does your watch look like?
I haven't worn or owned a watch since about Year Ten.
7. What were you doing at midnight last night?
8. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
*pauses world, washes brain, kisses you, un-pauses world* I love you.
9. What's a word that you say a lot?
While holidaying with my young sister, I did my best to refrain from swearing; since my return I have been saying "fuckers!" and "cunts!" as frequently as possible.
10. Last furry thing you touched?
There is a dearth of furry things in my life.
11. Favorite age you have been so far?
Jesus, I don't know. Stop making me feel old. 17 was pretty good, from memory. (I hope 27 will be spectacular.)
12. Your worst enemy?
My own self-doubt and lack of motivation.
13. What is your current desktop picture?
because I miss him.
14. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"See you tomorrow," as I left work.
15. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
Watch me soar! Zooooom!
16. Do you like someone?
Such an odd question. I like many people.
17. The last song you listened to?
Bob Dylan's "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright"
18. What time of day were you born?
19. What's your favourite number?
I am extremely superstitious about numbers. 7 is the best and 4 is pure evil.
20. Where did you live in 1987?
On James Cook Drive in Endeavour Hills, in what was then among the more distant reaches of Melbourne's South-Eastern suburbs.
21. Are you jealous of anyone?
I try not to be.
22. Is anyone jealous of you?
I have no idea. I can't really imagine it.
23. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
Reading The Lord Of The Rings under an enormous tree in a beautiful National Park near the Ring Of Kerry in Ireland, while Snaz photographed a rare red squirrel nearby.
24. Do you consider yourself kind?
I would like to think I am, although too often I get wrapped up in my own goings-on and become thoughtless.
25. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
I can't imagine I ever would get a tattoo, but I suppose it would be somewhere that isn't likely to stretch and sag too horrifically as I age – perhaps the shoulder-blade.
26. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
I guess I shall be practical and choose to improve my shabby French.
27. Would you move for the person you loved?
I don't think I could at this point in my life, but it's certainly not something I'd rule out in the future.
28. What's your life motto?
On the Gold Coast, I saw a hippie craft shop with a Thought-for-the-Day sign: "When one must, one can." Recently, I have been optimistically repeating this to myself.
29. What's your favourite town/city?
Apart from my home city of Melbourne, others include Marseille, Edinburgh, Český Krumlov (although I recently heard the heart-breaking news that it has become exceedingly touristy), and a small too-seldom-visited town in the Victorian Highlands named Jamieson.
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
The 2nd of October.
31. Can you change the oil on a car?
No. I can check it and top it up, but that's all.
32. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
Actually we were talking about my first crush just recently. I don't think there was any news as such, just the usual lamentations that studying architecture seems to turn all men into arseholes.
33. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
Not very far at all. Only this year I found out for the first time that my mother's side of the family - the Millers - were still the Müllers as recently as WWI. To my shame, I couldn't confidently name a single ancestor more distant than my Grandparents.
34. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
How fancy is fancy? The last time I wore my shirt tucked in all the way was probably my Grandma's funeral in April. The last time I wore a tie was probably at the Yarra Glen races last November.
35. Have you been burned by love?
Labels: memes, munkey's life