14 November, 2006

aaand... i'm back.

Well, hello there!

My brain is rather comprehensively fried after a lovely but very busy weekend, which I may or may not blog in more detail in the near future (Hint: It involved Byron! And Real Estate agents! And learning to cha-cha while singing in a Mexican accent!).

Previous to that, I was on holiday with patermunkey and Ms Cait on the Gold Coast - which I may or may not blog about in more detail in the near future (Hint: It involved mountains of seafood! And getting Wet and/or Wild! And discovering that I fucken
love really fast, really scary theme-park rides!).

For now, let me use one of my favourite TV shows to compare my overall impressions of the locals in various Australian metropoli I have experienced:

Melbourne =
Sydney =
The Gold Coast =
Of course, there is a lot of overlap of these stereotypes between the different locales, but I feel these pictures represent a good rule-of-thumb.

Class dismissed.

Labels:


3 Comments:

Blogger lili said...

i always thought of sydney and melbourne as two high school girls, too!

sydney gets up really early in the morning so she can straighten her hair and iron her clothes and have some kind of biodynamic breakfast. she is blonde, but in a very tasteful way. she is very beautiful, but in a very high-maintenance way. she doesn't wear sensible shoes.

melbourne gets up when she feels like it, and wears whatever was on the floor. however, she always manages to look effortlessly cool, in a scruffy, sensible-shoes sort of way.

i haven't really spent much time in brisbane, but i imagine she might have slightly less classy blonde hair. maybe with extensions. and those long nails that are square at the end.

November 14, 2006 10:33 am  
Blogger Tom said...

That is possibly the best pictorial representation of Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane I think I have ever seen. Genius!

November 15, 2006 4:32 pm  
Blogger mindlessmunkey said...

lili ~ I think you're spot on. Also: Gold-Coast-Girl has fake boobs. And her skin looks like leather.

tom ~ Why thankyou. I firmly believe there is no aspect of life that cannot be explained by cartoons.

November 22, 2006 11:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home