27 November, 2006

coming soon to an hmv discount bin near you

I presume you can all guess how I feel about this travesty.

My, doesn't Lavina (just to Damien's left) look thrilled for him!

I'm so looking forward to an album of karaoke favourites, performed by a man with no stage presence or charisma, in an uncertain, occasionally-off-key falsetto.

For everyone's benefit, I shall withold further vitriol, and simply say that if Damien Leith's career lasts longer than a few months, I shall be
extremely surprised.

As Snaz wrote in a text to me shortly after the proceedings concluded:
BRING ON BOBBY'S ALBUM!

p.s. Someone in my building has been playing (I assume) a VHS tape of Jessica's performance of "When You Believe" from last night, over and over again, all day. Needless to say, it's getting a little tiresome, although I suppose I should thank my lucky stars it's not Damien's "Nissan Dorma" [sic].

Labels: ,


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

in an uncertain, occasionally-off-key falsetto.

I'm so glad you said it, because I was starting to think my inner ear was pitch-shifting everything he sang in falsetto down a few dozen cents.

And to think Mark trumpeted that falsetto as a gift from heaven at every possible media turn.

The "Nissan" guff reminds me of the compere of an orchestral concert I went to recently pronouncing Prokofiev as "Proke Oh Five".

November 28, 2006 12:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home