09 January, 2007

start in the way that you want to go on...

Happy New Year to one and all!

I have been out of blog-action for the last week or so, due to the extremely exciting busy-ness of MOVING HOUSE. Yes, dear readers, my former dwelling at Munkey Towers now stands quiet and empty, and I have taken up residence in the lovely new House Of TurKey. My own move went off without any disasters, and Byron moves in on Thursday. Then we get to play house together! Fun!

Now, they say you should begin a New Year as you intend it to continue - and since we all know lazy blogging will be the order-of-the-year (just like last year, and the year before) let's kick off 2007 with a nice juicy New Years Meme. For this one, you're supposed to recount the first sentence you posted in every month of the previous year. Unfortunately, I realised the openings of my posts are almost invariably devoid of interest (see above) so instead, I am posting a random sentence from the approximate middle of every month of 2006:

January
Apparently since the female organ has been in his body, he has had an inexplicable passion for knitting, ironing, sewing and washing dishes.

February
Although, to be completely fair to this International Day Of Marketing-Induced Capitalism In The Guise Of Romance, my instinctive hissing and snarling probably arises because I have always previously been feeling lonely and/or heart-broken on this day.

March
Snazzles valiantly tramped out into the dark to help, but she had a tyre-thingy for mag-wheels (damn her funky purple automobile and it's butch wheels) that wouldn't fit Oli's girly nuts.

April
Recently, I find my surly sensible brain completely undermined and overridden by the pounding heat of my heart and a profound optimism burning brightly in my belly.

May
In an Alice-In-Wonderland-esque sudden change of surroundings, I am now getting changed in my old bedroom at patermunkey's house.

June
However, there is one story today that is genuinely warming my heart against the chilly Winter.

July
So with my now absent-once-again boyfriend, my means of transportation out of action, and my brain feeling a little like it's trying to swim the English Channel while carrying a harpsichord, it could be said that munkey is a bit lost just now.

August
The film creates a troublingly palpable sense of the conflicting feelings that come with a life spent physically attached to another, while also creating an almost Spinal-Tap-esque pastiche of the music industry.

September
I guess the bottom line is, I will never be okay with the fact that she's gone.

October
So that elderly, Morse-Code-trained lady really had heard the letters SMS emanating from her (grandaughter? niece?)'s handbag.

November
From another perspective... if memory serves, it's always been when I've felt under heaps of pressure that I've functioned at my most productive.

December
Oh my God, my long-distance boyfriend from Sydney was suddenly (and completely unexpectedly) standing outside my flat!

Looking back, 2006 wasn't a bad year at all. I kind of feel like it was a year of great promise for the future - when wonderful possibilities and new adventures presented themselves... now it's up to me to make 2007 into the glorious year it has the potential to be. I'm looking forward to sharing the ride with y'all!

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home