20 December, 2006

december the fucking 20th already?! how did that happen?!

Well, dear readers, you will be pleased to know that the show-business madness and the house-hunting madness have both come to an end, making room for the pre-Christmas madness to truly take flight. Shall I tell you how it all went?!

The show was fantastic. The Gods of health wreaked some havoc, with lurgees attacking several members of the cast - including myself. My throat and lungs decided they simply were not playing anymore, and sat around huffily flinging phlegm at each other for several days. Consequently, I sounded absolutely shit-house on a couple of the nights. However, I managed to drag myself up to scratch again for the final night, when all my peeps were there to cheer me on. Go and see the production photos here. GO, I SAY!

Byron was here for the weekend just gone... during which time we signed the lease on our new place. Feel the relief, people! After inspecting about thirty places, many of them vile, over the course of a full month, and getting our application knocked back at least ten times, WE FINALLY GOT A LOVELY PLACE. We move in on the 6th of January. Much hurrah.

Oh! Oh! And Byron also presented me with his Christmas present for me:
Yes, lovers and dreamers, it's a full-size Ernie puppet. I always said that if I was to marry a Muppet, it would be Ernie. But now I think that I shall marry Byron instead. Much more satisfactory.

Let's see, what else? Ah yes... last weekend we also had our annual Christmas Party / Feast / Carol-Singing shebang hosted as always by the extraordinary Lady Lili (who even gave us Christmas Hat Activities! Check it the fuck out!).

So yes - now I guess I'm feeling a bit flat. There's always a bit of a post-show lull, when you've spent months building up to this big spectacular event, which ends on a massive high... and then it's suddenly over. No cooling-off perdiod, no gradual decline. Just over. It feels mighty strange to be sitting alone at home in the evening, instead of rushing into the city, getting into costume and doing warm-ups with the cast. To be honest, it's a bit lonely and empty.

HOWEVER, let's not get gloomy. There is much happening. The Christmas Cheer is flowing heartily, as is the Christmas freaking-out-ness. The insanity of the last month or so has meant I now find myself less than a week out from the Big Day ( ! ) with barely a present purchased. Yikes. Never mind, it will all be okay. If you see a very cross-looking munkey scarpering frantically amidst the late-night shoppers over the next few days, chances are it'll be me. Come and say hi!

Alrighty... that's enough typing for today.

Labels:


2 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Ending a show like that makes for the sadness.

We did good stuff and it was an absolute pleasure getting to know you. Here's to keeping in touch with new friends and the approach of a very well deserved break.

We all miss poor Dr Mandril.

December 20, 2006 10:36 am  
Blogger mindlessmunkey said...

[note to self: REPLY TO COMMENTS, LAZY FUCKER]

Thanks so much Tom, and the feeling is more than mutual.

January 25, 2007 9:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home