27 October, 2006

i'm outta here!

For the next two days, I shall be on a rehearsal camp for the show I'm lucky enough to be in. Perhaps it will be a bit like this ...but probably not. I have been practicing my scenes and song as much as possible, but I'm finding my brain is not what it used to be. When I was a teenager, I could learn lines without even trying; after running the scene a couple of times, it was cemented in my head. But these days it seems to take a lot more effort. I feel old. (N.B. That highly camp picture to the right is not of our show. It just amused me.)

After the fun and hard-work of play-camp, I'm spending about ten days here with patermunkey and Ms Cait. This will hopefully involve no hard work whatsoever. Athough, I haven't been on a roller-coaster or a water-slide since before my voice broke, so our trips to Movie World, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild may prove quite arduous. On the other hand, they will hopefully be quite invigorating and enyouthefying and might just transform me into an unjaded, upbeat energetic person. Stranger things have happened.

After the busiest week at work in about three years, I am feeling that this holiday is quite well-earned. But since I'm a total slacker 90% of the time, it's probably not. Still, I intend to enjoy myself either way.

See you on the other side!

Labels:


1 Comments:

Blogger mindlessmunkey said...

Wet'n'Wild was tuns of fun, but I think MovieWorld had the best rides (I actually now want to see the stupid SuperMan movie, just because the ride was so cool!) and SeaWorld has the most entertainment value overall.

(Beta Blogger will conquer us all, in the end.)

November 22, 2006 12:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home