15 January, 2007

quite possibly the most morbid thing on the internet

Brought to my attention by mental_floss magazine is this site which is simultaneously deeply disturbing and completely compelling:


As if MySpace itself wasn't wrongtown enough, these people keep track of the MySpace profiles of people who have shuffled off this mortal coil. It usually provides a brief article about how the poor sod died, as well as a link to their still-existing profile, often complete with messages of woe and tribute filling the comments box.

It's like a train-wreck; I hate myself for looking but I just can't stop. And MY GOD a lot of Amercians meet gruesome and untimely ends! Nasty.

Labels:


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Most morbid thing on the internet? You're not wrong. That freaks me out a little (the site, not the fact that you're not wrong).

January 23, 2007 3:20 pm  
Blogger mindlessmunkey said...

I know, mike. I actually got a strange feeling of despair while reading it... especially from the upsetting number of teenagers who had taken their own lives. What a world we live in.

January 25, 2007 9:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home