31 July, 2007

i'm a few days late on this, but...

May I just say it's awfully nice that we can all now step out into the open and freely admit how much we enjoy perving on this young man:

Yes, dear readers, star of the Harry Potter films Daniel Radcliffe has finally come of age, so we can no longer be looked down upon (or locked up) for our lascivious thoughts about him. Hurrah!

Here he is promoting his recent stint in a West End production of Peter Shaffer's brilliant play
Equus. It's always been one of my favourite plays due to its fascinating exploration of sexuality and faith (and the complex relationship between the two) filtered through the eyes of a disturbed adolescent boy. And the idea of seeing a production starring the newest member of the Dark Haired Girly Boys With Enormous Blue Eyes Club is very appealing indeed.

I think there's a significant risk that Radcliffe will never be able to shake off the Harry role, and never be seen as anything other than Potter in the eyes of the public (although Equus was clearly a pre-emptive step in his attempt to do so). Personally I hope he does manage to have a career beyond the fantasy phenomenon, because I think he's a very likeable, promising actor (not to mention exceedingly dreamy) and it'd be nice to see him on our screens for many years to come.

Now, excuse me while I consider updating my Guilt Free Three.

Labels:


1 Comments:

Blogger mskp said...

i'm late with this too, but, um...

HELL YES.

i mean, i concur. he's dreamy.

August 22, 2007 3:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home