14 February, 2006

sugar-pie, honey-bunch, etc.

It is Valentine's Day. You might remember my feelings about Valentine's Day.

Although, to be completely fair to this International Day Of Marketing-Induced Capitalism-In-The-Guise-Of-Romance, my instinctive hissing and snarling probably arises because I have always previously been feeling lonely and/or heart-broken on this day. This year, I am in Tentative-Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy mode. So it's a bit of a conundrum. Do I turn my back on all my years of stoic cynicism? Would it be hypocritical to feel gooey today? Thank goodness I have found a series of e-cards that perfectly meets my needs:

BE MY ANTI-VALENTINE
From the site:
This year, celebrate or commiserate by sending an anti-valentine. Stick two fingers (or one, if you're that way culturally inclined) at any organisation with a vested interest which prescribes how and when to show your feelings. Send it today, tomorrow, or any day you damn well please.

So if you feel like celebrating Valentine's Day with a healthy lashing of cynicism and just a pinch of bitterness, be sure to check out these cards. In fact, check them out anyway, because they're fucking funny.

So yes. Love and kisses and all that. *ahem* Adieu.

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home