03 May, 2006

the a to z of mm

Another meme... this one stolen from Pavlov's Cat and based around the alphabet. Enough ado! Here we go...

A
ccent: Australian (note: Australian, not Estrayn). Vague English tendencies due to paternal heritage, good education and teenage pretension. I also have a slightly softened "R" sound, but it's not bad; I don't sound like Elmer Fudd or anything. It just makes me go "grrrr" whenever I hear my voice recorded.

Booze: I will drink most things, although favourites recently are white wines (particularly the semillon / sauv blanc varieties) and a good old Gin & Tonic. But for various reasons I've been drinking a lot less recently than I used to.

Chore I hate: WASHING DISHES. I fucking hate it.

Dog or cat: I'll have to go with dog. I find myself feeling more affection for cats than I used to, but in general I still prefer the company of dogs.

Essential electronics: A computer, a tv/dvd player, something that plays music.

Favourite cologne(s): I don't wear galons, but my favourite is Michael for Men - by some guy named Michael Kors - although it's more of a wintery/night-time scent. For summery/day-time, Calvin Klein Truth is quite nice.

Gold or silver: Silver or white gold. Yellow gold just looks gaudy on me.

Hometown: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Specifically a suburb called Endeavour Hills.

Insomnia: Rarely, luckily. If I have trouble sleeping it's usually because I've been keeping odd hours and my body clock is out of whack.

Job title: Oh I kind of make it up anew whenever I'm asked. It's something like "Administration Supervisor" or "Office Manager".

Kids: Not at this point in time.

Living arrangements: Alone in a single-bedroom apartment in Richmond.

Most admirable trait: I'm not really the best person to answer this. I guess I'll go vague (and tacky) and say my warm heart.

Number of sexual partners: As always, we confront the gay-sex grey-area. I don't feel like going into the nitty-gritty of counting with whom I've had sucky sex, and with whom I've had fucky sex. Instead, I shall do a politician's trick and answer a completely different question to the one that was asked... In chronological order, these are the people I have kissed: Michael, Tim, Adam, Roy, Daniel, Ryan (1), Ryan (2), Raymond, Darren, Stephen, Byron. (That's eleven. A good number - no need to add to that list, I think.)

Overnight hospital stays: None (as a patient). I have spent a hell of a lot of time in hospitals as a visitor though.

Phobias: I don't know what the proper name is, but I have a phobia of being physically restrained. Just thinking of being in handcuffs or tied up sets me squirming uncomfortably. Even being in a plaster cast would be fucking hard to deal with. And don't even mention the words "buried alive".

Quote: Byron has introduced me to the compelling wisdom of Rainer Maria Rilke. This morning I am feeling quite moved by this remarkable excerpt from The Book Of Hours:
Extinguish my sight, and I can still see you;
plug up my ears, and I can still hear;
even without feet I can walk toward you,
and without mouth I can still implore.
Break off my arms, and I will hold you
with my heart as if it were a hand;
strangle my heart, and my brain will still throb;
and should you set fire to my brain,
I still can carry you with my blood.

Religion: Difficult to describe. Not exactly a true-blue Athiest, but not really an Agnostic either. I have serious issues with organised religion, and I don't have "faith" as such. But I also don't believe things are totally random. I guess - as appalling as the analogy is - I believe in something vaguely similar to the "The Force" as described by Obi Wan in the original Star Wars movie. Hand me my lightsabre.

Siblings: One of each. Both younger.

Time I wake up: On work days it's somewhere between 5.45am and 6.20am. When it's 5.45 I can take my time. When it's 6.20 I have to run around like a psychopath.

Unusual talent or skill: I wish I could think of something funny and/or saucy. But I guess one thing I can do that most people can't/don't, is wrangle words and tunes into obscure/poetic songs that mean deep things to me and seem to touch most people on at least some level. That's something I'm pretty proud of.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Cauliflower is filth. FILTH I tellsya.

Worst habit: I would have to say it's my lack of self-belief and self-motivation... which leads to wildly effective procrastination (such as completing long blog-memes when I could be doing something more productive/meaningful).

X-rays: Never had an X-Ray. I had an ultra-sound once on my ankle... They told me my ankle was fine, which forces me to wonder why it makes a grinding sound when I rotate it, and why I sprain it walking on flat ground about once every six months.

Yummy foods I make: To be honest I ain't much of a cook; I need someone to teach me. The one thing I make that is TO DIE FOR is a self-saucing chocolate fudge pudding. It's my Nanna's recipe and it's divine.

Zodiac sign: Taurus... with Aquarius moon and Cancer ascendant.

There ye have it, lovers and dreamers. As usual, steal this if you want it.
Adios.

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

Blogger Byron said...

So. I am buying you this for your birthday.

http://www.cafepress.com/iheartshirt.32163958

May 03, 2006 11:12 am  
Blogger Koala Mentala said...

Chore I hate: WASHING DISHES. I fucking hate it.

I used to feel that way, but then I realized that cleanliness is next to godliness.

May 06, 2006 12:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home