11 April, 2006

life is a song worth singing

The interesting and beautiful Lady Lilikens does not (yet!) have a personal blog. However, this evidently does not preclude her from enjoying memes. She has recently sent my friends on a festival of fun stupidity by sharing around this fetching little activity... Put your music-playing-device of choice on shuffle and let the song titles answer the questions:

1. How does the world see you?
We're Not Right (David Gray)
Oh dear.

2. Will I have a happy life?
Not The Girl You Think You Are (Crowded House)
Does this mean I'll be happy, as long as I have a sex change?

3. What do my friends think of me?
Cortez The Killer (Neil Young)
Come on guys, gimme a break - I never once invaded the Aztecs!

4. Do people secretly lust after me?
Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)
Wow, I have that much of an effect, huh.

5. How can I make myself happy?
Parasite (Nick Drake)
Does this mean that I should strive to be a parasite on the world, or that I will only find happiness by inviting a tapeworm to make its home in my colon?

6. What should I do with my life?
Burn Down The Mission (Elton John)
That seems do-able.

7. Will I ever have children?
They Are Night Zombies!! They are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From The Dead!! Ahhhh! (Sufjan Stevens)
I see. So I won't have children as such, but my prospects for raising the dead are looking good. My army of re-animated corpses will be my family!

8. What is some good advice for me?
Give Peace A Chance (John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band)
Well okay, I will.

9. How will I be remembered?
Running # 2 (Run Lola Run)
Because of my hugely successful career as an athlete, obviously.

10. What's my signature dancing song?
Lithium (Nirvana)
Ah yes... a song named after a drug prescribed for mental disorders. That sounds about right.

11. What's my current theme song?
Paths That Cross (Patti Smith)
They do, don't they.

12. What do others think is my current theme song?
Sulk (Radiohead)
Dammit, and here I was thinking I was a ray of sunshine in everyone's life. Back to the drawing board.

13. What shall they play at my funeral?
Superhumans (The Flaming Lips)
Go me!

14. What type of men do I like?
No Aphrodisiac (The Whitlams)
"There's no aphrodisiac like loneliness." Is it just me, or is that not so encouraging?

15. How's my love life?
Fuzzy (Grant Lee Buffalo)
I'm not sure if they mean fuzzy-blurry or fuzzy-furry. I'm thinking the first option is more apt. (How do I adjust the focus on this thing?!)

~~~~~~~

I'm not going to tag anyone specifically for the meme. If you are reading this, and you think it looks like fun (and it should!), then go for it.
Be well, dear readers.

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

Blogger Byron said...

I have the answer to question #4.

Oh wait, if I tell you... it won't be a secret anymore :p

April 11, 2006 9:06 pm  
Blogger Koala Mentala said...

Oh, that was interesting. But way too much work.

April 12, 2006 6:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home