20 December, 2005

lookie ma! we're on the compooter!

Munkey has taken another tentative step towards online infamy. Yes believe it or not, lovers and dreamers, a website has been crazy enough to make me one of their official writers!


Alternative music and culture website Halo-17 is letting me broadcast my musical opinions to the world. They have already published the sample review I submitted, and apparently I shall soon receive my first official "assignment". I will get sent promo and pre-release CDs... two or three every few weeks. Then I review them for the good people at Halo and - the best part of all - I will be getting paid in CDs and sometimes even concert tickets! Hurrah! Since I love music, and one of my favourite hobbies is accidentally discovering new obscure artists & albums I would never have heard of otherwise, this is like the perfect passtime for me. I don't need to spend all my money on records, yet I still get to sample a wide array of what the indie/alt music world has to dish-out.

One side-effect of this is that I won't be posting reviews of new-release music on this here blog anymore. (I know I know, you're all DEVASTATED, but I'm sure you'll cope.) Since I am effectively being paid for my reviews at Halo-17, they think (and I agree) it's fair that I don't publish the same material anywhere else. So future musical Munkey's-Eye-Views will be retrospective looks at classics only.

~~~~~~~

In other news, Australia has rated a mention in long-running much-loved satirical news website
The Onion. It was just a brief feature in the faux Vox-Pop section:

Oh we should all be so proud! You know you're making your mark as a nation, when you do something absurd and reprehensible enough to be mocked on The Onion.

~~~~~~~

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home