04 August, 2005

a whole lotta nuthin

I just keep stumbling upon these things. They're interesting to do though, and hopefully also interesting to read. The internet really IS the best therapy around, I tellsya.

~~~~~~~

Current mood: Hunky dory.
Current music: My windows media player is on random. Right now it’s Björk and Thom Yorke duetting “I’ve Seen It All”.
Current taste: Tastefully eclectic.
Current hair: Short, dark-brown, no product, slightly unkempt.
Current clothes: Black leather boots, red explorer socks, white cKs, black pinstripe trousers, purple & pink striped shirt, long black coat, necklace, glasses and three rings.
Current annoyance: I need to shave and my stubble is making my chin itchy.
Current thing I ought to be doing: Probably writing a smash hit musical, Booker prize-winning novel, or something of the sort.
Current windows open: msn messenger, internet explorer, mozilla firefox, microsoft word, windows media player
Current desktop picture: A photo Rye took when we were driving in the mountains. It was a freezing day and suddenly the cloud descended all around us and hung amongst the trees. It’s a great photo.
Current favourite band: There are so many, but overall I guess I’ll have to go with Radiohead, as usual.
Current book: “Stranger In A Strange Land” by Robert Heinlein. I'm not very far into it yet.
Current CD in stereo: The lounge one has Miles Davis’s “Bitches Brew”, the bedroom one has a compilation of Michael Nyman film scores… but neither is playing right now.
Current crush: Apart from
Ryan, just the usual: Elijah Wood, Nick Stahl, Gonzo the Great
Current favourite celebrity: in light of last night, I'll have to go with
Jónsi from Sigur Rós… he’s Icelandic, gay, blind in one eye, sings like an alien angel and plays electric guitar with a cello bow. Need I say more?
Current hate: The Herald Sun.
~DO I~
Smoke?:
only occasionally.
Do drugs?: only occasionally.
Have sex?: I’m in a loving relationship with a 19yo guy… what do you reckon?
Give oral sex?: see above.
Receive oral sex?: see above.
Have a dream that keeps coming back?: No. There are recurring themes, but not a whole dream that recurs.
Remember your first love?: Of course, but I realise now that it wasn’t really love.
Still love him/her?: No.
Read the newspaper?: I flick through the Herald Sun at work most days, just to make myself angry.
Have any gay or lesbian friends?: Would you like a freakin' list?!
Believe in miracles?: Not really. It depends how you define it, I guess.
Believe it's possible to remain faithful forever?: I certainly hope so.
Consider yourself tolerant of others?: Absolutely. I can get along with just about anyone.
Consider love a mistake?: I suppose in some situations it can be. But certainly not in general. Even if it goes wrong, it usually makes you a better/stronger person in the long-run.
Like the taste of alcohol?: Most kinds of alcohol.
Have a favourite candy?: I’m not fussy. If it’s bad for you, chances are I like it.
Believe in astrology?: I’m a bit of a sceptic but I’ve looked into it a little and it is quite interesting, to say the least.
Believe in god?: Not in any conventional sense of the word.
Have any pets: My family has pets, but I have none of my own. I can barely keep a plant alive, so it’s probably not the best idea, at this point.
Go to or plan to go to college: Been there. Done that.
Have any piercings?: Nope.
Have any tattoos?: Nope.
Hate yourself: Nope.
Have an obsession?: Many. I’m an obsessive kind of person… but not in a scary way.
Have a secret crush?: Nope.
Do they know yet?: Isn’t this question redundant? If they know, it isn’t a secret crush anymore. Duh!
Have a best friend?: Yes. Luvya
Snazzles.
Wish on stars?: Occasionally, but I don’t really expect it to come true.
Care about looks?: Not too much. There is a special something that makes someone gorgeous, but it’s nothing you can define, or find in a glossy magazine.
~LOVE LIFE~
First crush:
Simon W. We were in IT Programming class in 10th grade, and we programmed a Muppet computer game together. It was love at first byte. (Oh my God I can’t believe I actually made a pun that bad.) Alas, I was repressed and he was straight, so nothing at all ever happened.
First kiss: Michael B. It was an intense weekend in the wilderness that ended in tears. Lots of tears. I liked him much more than he liked me. But I got over it and he became a closetted yuppie. Ain't the world a funny place?
Single or attached?: Attached.
Ever been in love?: Yeppers.
Do you believe in love at first sight?: You can meet someone and know instantly that they will be a part of your life forever, but I think real love takes time to develop.
Do you believe in "The One?": Things happen chaotically, when you least expect them. Sometimes two people just happen to fit perfectly into each others’ lives. It’s too simplistic to say they’re “The One”.
Describe your ideal significant other: Someone who enriches my life in ways I never imagined possible, without even trying… and for whom I can do the same in return.
~JUICY STUFF~
Have you ever played a game that required removal of clothing?:
Not that I can remember. I’m not that comfortable being naked in front of people, so it’s the kind of thing I avoid.
Have you ever been intoxicated?: I wish I had a dollar for every time.
Favourite place to be kissed?: It has to start with the lips, but when things heat up, there are lots of other interesting places. Teehee.
Have you ever been caught "doing something?": Kind of.
Are you a tease?: No. I'm not attractive enough to be a tease, even if I wanted to be.
First move?: Rarely. I usually lack the confidence.
~APPEARANCE~
Hair:
Dark brown.
Eyes: Dark brown.
Height: Pretty average. I’m about 178cm I think (5’10.5”)
~LAST THING YOU~
Bought:
Meals, booze, petrol for my car, the usual boring stuff. The last significant thing was probably the complete DVD set of the British "Queer As Folk"... $45 ~ bargain!
Ate & Drank: Roast pork roll & pineapple juice.
Read: I think the last book I read was “Life Of Pi” by Yann Martel. But the last thing I read was an email from Mr Adrian. (In fact, if you want to be pedantic, the last thing I read was this very question.)
Watched on TV: part of the News last night.
~EITHER / OR~
club or house party:
House party. I like to have more interaction with my fellow partiers than just bodily gyrating.
beer or cider: Beer. I think cider is a UK thing that has yet to really catch on here.
drinks or shots: Drinks.
cats or dogs: Dogs. You don’t want to get me started on cats.
single or taken: Taken.
pen or pencil: Pen.
gloves or mittens: Gloves. The use of my fingers is important to me. (and no, that’s not meant to sound dirty)
Food or candy: Can’t I have both?
cassette or CD: CD, but my car only plays cassettes, so I need both.
Coke or Pepsi: If you can tell the difference, you haven’t added enough bourbon.
this or that: You say potato…
~WHO DO YOU WANT TO~
kill: Rupert Murdoch, and all his minions.
get really wasted with: Sarah, Ryan, Dad, Josh, my cousins… the list goes on…
look like:
Sufjan Stevens.
be like: My
Mum.
avoid: A couple of really irritating people I work with.
~LAST PERSON YOU~
talked to: My Dad, on the phone.
hugged: Ms Snazzles.
instant messaged: Mr Kenny.
kissed: Mr Ryan.
~WHERE DO YOU~
eat: At my table if it’s tidy enough, otherwise on the couch, or sometimes at the desk if I’m on the computer at the time.
cry: Usually by myself, in my room. Or while watching a movie.
wish you were: Somewhere very peaceful where I could just laze about with friends and loved-ones all day.
~HAVE YOU EVER~
Dated one of your best friends?
I’ve gone on dates with people who ended up becoming friends… but never the other way round.
Loved somebody so much it makes you cry? Only when they didn’t love me in return, or treated me badly, or both.
Drank alcohol? Yes, but I’m sober enough to realise that should say “Drunk alcohol”.
Done drugs? Nothing more serious than smoking dope.
Broken the law? I guess so, but not in any major way.
Run away from home? Nope.
Broken a bone? Nope.
Played Truth or Dare? Don’t really remember. Probably once or twice.
Kissed someone you didn't know? Knowing their name means you know them, right? Seriously, I’ve never kissed someone I haven’t at least had dinner with.
Been in a fight? Nope. I’ve been beaten up, but never in a fight.
Come close to dying? Not particularly. Although if you want to get deep, everybody is a hair’s-breadth from death, every moment of their life.
~WHAT IS~
The most embarrassing CD in your collection?
I'll probably have to say the "Titanic" soundtrack.
Your bedroom like? It’s very cosy. Full of random pictures & random objects that reflect who I am. I feel very at home there.
Your favourite thing for breakfast? Bacon, eggs, pancakes and those little breakfast sausages, all with maple syrup. With a glass of freshly-squeezed pineapple juice. mmmm
Your favourite restaurant? Don’t really have one, that I can think of.
~RANDOM QUESTIONS~
What's on your bedside table? A lamp, an alarm clock, a couple of books, a little box with a few photos & knick-knacks etc, my mobile phone (when it’s charging).
What do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night? My fridge is rarely well enough stocked to be worth raiding late at night.
What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie? There is no movie that guarantees a cry, but your best bets are probably “Dead Poets Society” and the final “Lord Of The Rings” movie. Although you never know - when the mood is right, I sometimes find myself weeping at very improbable things.
If you could have plastic surgery, what would you have done? Facelift, lip pump, rhinoplasty, liposuction, full body botox... Actually, on second thought, I’d really rather not.
What is your biggest fear? Falling into a huge pile of cotton-wool balls. Those things give me the creeps.

What feature are you most insecure about? I guess I’d have to say the extra flab I’m carrying at the moment. But I'm a lot more secure in general than I used to be.
Do you ever have to beg? No. What an odd question.
Are you a pyromaniac? Fire is fun and exciting to a degree… but I’m sensible with it.
Do you have too many love interests? Only one. Which is just the right number. : )
Crushes? Haven’t we already covered this?
Do you know anyone famous? Not really. But I once made
Rachel Griffiths (from "Six Feet Under") cry. And my best friend writes for the country’s most successful drama series. And my boyfriend has been one of the subjects of a TV documentary.
Describe your bed: Comfy. I wish I was in it right now. With Ryan. (He's comfy too. heehee)
Spontaneous or plain? I resent that these are considered opposite. I’m neither.
Do you know how to play poker? Nope.
What do you carry with you at all times? Wallet, phone, keys… a well-refined taste for the obscure and a finely-sharpened sense of the ridiculous.
How do you drive? Sensibly, for the most part. With music blaring.
What do you miss most about being little? Never having to think about money.
Are you happy with your given name? Hmm not particularly. I don’t really think it suits me. But it could be much worse.
How much money would it take to get you to give up the Internet for one year? I dunno. I could cope without the Internet, if I had to.
What colour is your bedroom? Walls are white, carpet is greyish, curtains are purplish-grey, bed is either purple and black or blue and black (depending on which sheets are in use and which ones are in the wash).
What was the last song you were listening to? media player is still randomising away… currently it’s “Owen’s Lament” by Augie March.
Have you ever been in a play? Many times.
Your best friends? These questions are dangerous, coz there has to be a cut-off point, and you always offend someone by not including them. My best friends know who they are.
Do you talk a lot? Sometimes. About certain things.
Do you like yourself and believe in yourself? Increasingly.
Do you think you're cute? Not particularly, but I don’t think I’m ugly either. I live happily somewhere in Average-Looking Land.
Do poor, homeless, or starving people sometimes annoy you? I wouldn’t presume to generalise and judge them personally. But it does make me uncomfortable to be asked for money in the street.
Do you consider yourself to be a nice person? Sure.
Do you spend more time with your girlfriend, boyfriend, or your friends? Boyfriend, but I see my friends a lot as well.
What is the first thing you think when you see two gay guys or lesbians holding hands? “The children! Won’t somebody PLEASE think of the children?!” Seriously, though, I’d think it was great. In fact, I'd probably be one of them. : )

Thanks to Mr Ad-man from whose blog I stole this set of probing questions.

~~~~~~~

Labels:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home