20 June, 2007

dear blog,

I think it's time we confronted the stilted awkwardness that has developed between us. Let's admit it: you and I have not been getting along very well lately. You could even say we have had a falling out. There are, no doubt, numerous reasons why our once-flourishing friendship has found itself floundering. But undoubtedly part of the reason was that I had simply, literally, become sick of the sight of you. It sounds cruel to say it, and I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but I must be honest: I couldn't stand even to look at you.

After Byron put together a lovely new template for himself, I realised that the chasm between us was as much my fault as yours; I had neglected you. Seeing Byron's sleek & shiny new blog, I must admit I felt jealous. So I decided to take action to try and repair our shattered love. I cracked my knuckles, unlocked the vault in my brain labelled "HTML skillz", and got to work. I've given you a much more streamlined, simple look, rather than the cluttered bells-and-whistles gaudiness of the old one. It's definitely working for me, and I hope you like it too. With any luck it will help to rekindle the passion we once shared.

I'm well aware that in order for this relationship to work, I need to put in a greater effort as well. We both know that I can't always be trusted to stick to a promise of updating you regularly. We both know I'm wont to disappear into the wilderness and leave you to your own devices for weeks at a time. You must have felt so alone at those times, and I truly apologise. I can't make any guarantees, but I will promise to try harder in the future. Please be patient with me. I do love you, and I genuinely believe that if we both but in the effort, this can be a truly beautiful partnership.

Yours sincerely,
mm

Labels:


3 Comments:

Blogger Jacob said...

I love the new template. I wasn't going to say anything before, as I was afraid of offending, but the old one was far too purple for my daily purple needs.

Anyway: this one's pretty! With any luck it'll inspire more blogging escapades.

June 21, 2007 2:37 pm  
Blogger mindlessmunkey said...

Jacob ~ You're right! I do love me a bit of purple, but the old template was definitely TOO MUCH.

June 21, 2007 2:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*nod nod nod*
A friend once remarked that when I started a new site or did a major template overhaul that I displayed great energy (or words to that effect). I've had plenty of blogs/sites left by the wayside because I just got sick of looking at them (and other reasons, but too complex to detail for a simple comment in passing), so I totally understand where you're coming from.
On the other hand, purple is my favourite colour.
Btw, when I was a wee girl I was obsessed with monkeys. They were my favourite thing in the world. I wanted to be one. Everything I saw, including the Luna Park face, was deemed to be a monkey. Well, unless it obviously wasn't, like it was a cat... Anyway. :) Just wanted to say that. My first comment 'an all. Just... you know. :)

September 02, 2007 2:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home