15 May, 2007

out of the mouths of geriatrics

A conversation while patermunkey, Ms Cait (my 11-year-old sister) and I were visiting with Grandma Miller for Mothers Day:
patermunkey [to G.M.]: Have you seen Cait since she got her earrings?

G.M.: Yes, I think so.

patermunkey: She just had the basic ones then, but now she's got new ones.

[Cait shows off her pretty new earrings.]

G.M. [casually]: I was just reading in the Herald Sun about a woman whose daughter went to have a vaginal piercing, and it went wrong. They messed it up and now she's going to sue them.

[Mystified silence.]

G.M.: They get all kinds of things pierced these days, don't they, these young girls.
If you had asked me to make a list of one million topics I thought my Nanna might ever raise in conversation - especially with my little sister! - I can assure you that genital piercing would not have been on it.

Labels:


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

woo hoo, dirty old nanna!! hehehehe

May 16, 2007 7:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also what about the comments about the oversexed octogenarian and how she nmust have been areal goer when she was young.

May 17, 2007 11:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home